Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Weekend in Roma

A few of us just got back a few days ago from a weekend in Rome. For most of us, it was our first time visiting the city. Our teachers sent us with a list of places to see and places to study the architecture. We visited the Piazza Popolo, Campidoglio, Navona, Farnese, Campo di Fiore, Pantheon, and many many more places that set a standard for urban architecture today. We have been studying urban architecture in Barcelona for 6 weeks now so it was really interesting to go to Italy and analyize and compare.


Besides studying the architecture, we made time to be tourists as well and go to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Roman Forum. Considering I love history, I was fascinated by Colosseum and Forum. Those are two places I have always wanted to see so I can check that off of my "To Do" list for my life!

No comments: