Tuesday, April 22, 2008

As the semester comes to an end

Well, after almost 4 months of living in Spain, my time here is coming to an end. I will be leaving Barcelona in exactly 11 days! All assignments are wrapping up. Spanish is over, Cece's paper is turned in, and sketchbooks are due tomorrow. I have learned SO much this semester in terms of architecture. I would have never gotten this education back in DC. I'm so grateful I came to Barcelona. Sketching has really helped me read into architecture more deeply and made me start to realize how important analyzing a space, building, facade really is to my architectural eduation. Here are a few of my last sketched of the semester...

Habitages de Mercat Santa Caterina:
At this site, I looked at the relationship between the market and the apartment complex behind it.






Museu Nacional D'Art de Catalunya: Sketching this site was very difficult because the scale of the area is very large. I sketched the entry sequence between the MNAC and the city and the city to the MNAC.

No comments: